Posted on January 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Sooo Hiii!
My name is Jade! I am 14 years old (almost 15!). I live in the lovely United States of America, up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to be exact. Since I was about 5-6 years old I've had an au pair, so basically my whole life. Having an au pair is really fun I think, because you get to meet new people from all around the world. I have had three au pairs from Mexico, two from Colombia, one from Venezuela, one from Bulgaria and one from Sweden. From having so many au pairs I think you get to learn a lot about their different culture.
Before Emma even came I didn't even know Sweden was a country! I know I sound stupid but I have never even heard of it, I had been to Ikea before but I never knew they were a Swedish store. After Emma told me about Sweden I thought it seemed like such a farmland country. I thought (and still do think) that Swedish people are innocent blonde people that own goats.
Anyways… au pairs live with you, so its like they end up being part of your family, its pretty fun because you can do stuff with them all the time. It's really sad when they have to leave though, because you don't know when they will be coming back, or if they can come back! I think I cried every time an au pair has left…I feel like such a cry baby! Its the worst feeling ever!!!! But thanks to Facebook and Skype (no Facebook and Skype are not paying me to say that, wish they were!) you can still talk to all of your au pairs and see what they are up to, I know some of my au pairs are now married, have kids or are going to college.
It's also really fun when your au pair comes back to visit you, like this summer for instance Emma came back to visit me!!! It was really fun we went to the pool all the time, went iceskating, went to a Nicki Manaj and Britney Spears concert!!! It was AWESOME
Plus this time when Emma went home, I got to come with her!!!! YAYY I thought I finally get to see where Emma comes from. I was also like Oh My God its going to be so different- how will I survive!?!?!
The flight was pretty long for me, 10 hours plus the layovers, and blah blah blah. I was super excited when I got there, and I was pointing out all the stuff that was different like: "WOW there is a lot of trees here!!!!, I have never seen this many trees in my life.", and "Why are there so many bikes!?, these would definitely be stolen in Philly." I was probably taking pictures of the weirdest stuff, like how big the light switches are.
I didn't really pick up that much Swedish I guess, but I still remember Hej Hej, Puss Puss, God Jul, Tack. Oh but when I was in Sweden everybody would say "precis" all the time and I was like that sounds like the English word precise. Emma told me it meant exactly, then I started using that word in every sentence like all the other Swedish people would!
Anyway…. I could go on FOREVER about this…But just to sum it all up au pairs are fun and cool people to have around:D
-Jade!

Sooo Hiii!
My name is Jade! I am 14 years old (almost 15!). I live in the lovely United States of America, up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to be exact. Since I was about 5-6 years old I've had an au pair, so basically my whole life. Having an au pair is really fun I think, because you get to meet new people from all around the world. I have had three au pairs from Mexico, two from Colombia, one from Venezuela, one from Bulgaria and one from Sweden. From having so many au pairs I think you get to learn a lot about their different culture.
Before Emma even came I didn't even know Sweden was a country! I know I sound stupid but I have never even heard of it, I had been to Ikea before but I never knew they were a Swedish store. After Emma told me about Sweden I thought it seemed like such a farmland country. I thought (and still do think) that Swedish people are innocent blonde people that own goats.
Anyways… au pairs live with you, so its like they end up being part of your family, its pretty fun because you can do stuff with them all the time. It's really sad when they have to leave though, because you don't know when they will be coming back, or if they can come back! I think I cried every time an au pair has left…I feel like such a cry baby! Its the worst feeling ever!!!! But thanks to Facebook and Skype (no Facebook and Skype are not paying me to say that, wish they were!) you can still talk to all of your au pairs and see what they are up to, I know some of my au pairs are now married, have kids or are going to college.
It's also really fun when your au pair comes back to visit you, like this summer for instance Emma came back to visit me!!! It was really fun we went to the pool all the time, went iceskating, went to a Nicki Manaj and Britney Spears concert!!! It was AWESOME
The flight was pretty long for me, 10 hours plus the layovers, and blah blah blah. I was super excited when I got there, and I was pointing out all the stuff that was different like: "WOW there is a lot of trees here!!!!, I have never seen this many trees in my life.", and "Why are there so many bikes!?, these would definitely be stolen in Philly." I was probably taking pictures of the weirdest stuff, like how big the light switches are.
I didn't really pick up that much Swedish I guess, but I still remember Hej Hej, Puss Puss, God Jul, Tack. Oh but when I was in Sweden everybody would say "precis" all the time and I was like that sounds like the English word precise. Emma told me it meant exactly, then I started using that word in every sentence like all the other Swedish people would!
Anyway…. I could go on FOREVER about this…But just to sum it all up au pairs are fun and cool people to have around:D
-Jade!