Without a doubt
the best thing for me when I go new places is to try the food. It might not
always be great food, or even good, but at least I have tried it. An example
was when I was in Thailand eating fried wasp larva and pig intestines with a
glass of whiskey on the side. In Annapolis, where I was an au pair, it was not
as crazy and out of the box as this, but I do have some recommendations.
1. Five guys – definitely my favorite
burgers, all time. And the fries, do not even mention them. Amazing.
2. Blue crab – with old bay spice, AWESOME.
Do not forget napkins and lemon water for the smell on your fingers when you
are done eating. A great place to try this is Cantler’s Riverside Inn.
Beautiful and by the water. Here I had
my first dinner with my host family in 2009 (??!!!!)
3. Lemon Grass – read; Thai food. A
really cute place. You can sit outside as well, a calm night with beautiful
lights this could be the perfect place for a first date (if a lot of traffic,
it might not be that nice though, so have that in mind).
4. Ice cream by the docks. A nice day
this is the best, no stress watching the boats coming in. While at it, take a
walk at the Naval Academy. It is absolutely stunning, both the area and also
the view over the water (don’t forget to bring your passport, to be able to
enter the area).
5. City Dock Café – coffee and great
space to sit “in” the windows. It tastes even better with a couple of friends
joining you. And if the weather forecast says rain. You can sit there forever
with a good book, or the company of someone you didn’t know before walking in
those doors.
6. We had oysters by the docks as well
(next to the roundabout), not sure if they are the best. On the other hand, I never
ate oysters after that so can’t really compare, but it was fun. And slimy.
7. Chick and Ruth’s Delly- This is
super fun. See for yourself what they do EVERY day http://www.chickandruths.com/pledge.html
8. Also, if you ever go to Ocean City,
MD, they have both great pancakes and strawberries in chocolate!
Any questions or want some more tips on Annapolis? Let me know!
/Jenny

