Thursday, September 10, 2015

Dreaming of Cape Cod and my time as an Au Pair in the US.


The fall is almost here and I do like the fall and the coziness but my favorite season is for sure the summer. I love our bright summer nights here in the Nordic countries which was something I really missed when living abroad in the US. During my weeks of vacation this summer I went to Greece for two weeks just relaxing and windsurfing. I have a big passion for water sports which was something I experienced while living abroad. I love to go windsurfing, surfing, wakeboarding and scuba diving. It is just something with the feeling of only focusing on your water sport and there is nothing else that can stop you. Another thing that I would like to do more is to read books, as of right now, reading books are something I only have time doing during my vacation. This summer, I read a book called Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand which is the perfect summer beach read since it is a book about a tiny Island called Nantucket, just outside of Cape Cod in Massachusetts where I was an au pair. Have you ever heard about Cape Cod?

Cape Cod is located just two hours south of Boston, I strongly recommend you to swing by this paradise if you happen to be in the area. It is this beautiful summer vacation place with lots of summer houses and it does remind me a little bit of the summers in the Nordics. Cape Cod is famous for its beaches, lobster and clam chowder. If you’d like to experience Cape Cod the real way you to need to try to their clam chowder and lobster - very delicious!  

If you are about to become an Au Pair on Cape Cod or in the area, feel free to have a chat with me over the phone if you call in and I will give you the best recommendations of what to do when visiting Cape Cod.

I wish you a great day!

Best wishes,

Malin, Au Pair in Cape Cod & California, Regional Manager at the Stockholm Office.