Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My time as an Au Pair!

Take the chance and GO! Being an Au Pair is an amazing experience and a memory for life!

Hi everyone!

My name is Mathilda and I started working at the Cultural Care Au Pair office  a few months  ago. I am so excited to work here and be able to help people fulfill their dreams of becoming Au pairs and begin their big and wonderful adventure. A dream I had myself for many years.

Ever since I was twelve years old I dreamed of going as an Au pair. I love children, always wanted to travel to the US and at the same time improve my English. When I graduated from High School I could finally pack my bags and fly over the Atlantic Ocean to fulfill my dream. Albany, a city 2 ½ hours north of New York City became my home where I took care of four wonderful children. Three girls and one boy between the ages of 1- 6 years old.

They say time flies when you´re having fun and it sure does. I had so much fun that I decided to extend for a second year. Between 2008 – 2010 I got to experience the American culture up close, celebrate all their holidays, make friends from all over the world and travel around the fantastic country. And when I left I knew that I will always have a second family and a second home in the US.
I truly believe that traveling teaches you things about life and about yourself that you wouldn´t know otherwise. Without those two years I wouldn´t be the same person that I am today.

My biggest advice if you´re thinking of becoming an Au pair is: Take the chance and GO! It is an amazing experience and a memory for life.

I would be more than happy to assist you in any thoughts or questions you may have about being an Au Pair. We are here for you so don´t hesitate to contact us.                                                                                                                    
Happy Holidays!


Best,
Mathilda