Thursday, June 5, 2014

Greetings from Adelina!

Adelina currently works as a recruitment leader in Sweden - she is the one who meets and interviews our au pairs, holds information meetings and supports you during the application process along with our office - she has also been an au pair in the USA, and agreed to answer to few of our questions about being an au pair! Thank you so much Adelina!




What about the au pair program interested you?
I have always loved playing and working with kids. America has also been a country that I was interested of. Being able to work with kids and at the same time explore the country and experience the American culture was what made me apply and fulfill the program.

How did you choose your host family or how did you know they were the right match for you?
I talked to my host family over Skype many times just to be sure I got all my questions answered. And also so that my host family could be sure they wanted me to work for them. When I felt that I was confident talking to them and also that I could talk to them if I would have any kind of problem, that was when I was sure I wanted to choose them as my host family. The relationship I had with my host family was really good. They were like my second family. I was always included for the family activities, celebration of any holiday and vacations. I felt like home.

Who would you recommend the au pair program to and why?
I would recommend the au pair program to anyone who absolutely loves kids and likes to explore a new country and at the same time experience a different culture.


Who will you stay in touch with now that you have returned to your home county?

I still keep touch with my host family. I get pictures of the kids, we Skype/send videos to each other. I am invited to go and visit anytime I like.

I still keep touch with my American friends. I also keep touch with my au pair friends. My best friend from there is from Germany, I plan to visit her in her home country as soon as possible!