In August 2009 I packed my bags and moved to
Scarsdale, NY to work as an au pair. I knew I had a big adventure ahead of me,
but I never knew how big it would actually turn out to be. And I never knew how
much this year would affect my future career, but that I know today.
I have always loved traveling, so working in the
Tourism industry has always been the perfect choice for me. I’ve had jobs like
ski instructor, tour guiding in the Italian alps, working in different
receptions and my last job was as a flight attendant for TUI fly Nordic and now
I work for Cultural Care Au Pair! I’m very proud of all of my previous jobs and
they have all given me great experiences.
All my employers have told me that the main reason
that I actually got the job was because of my traveling experience and my year
abroad after finishing high school, and of course my improved English. It
tells a lot about a person if they take a year abroad after school. You
will learn and experience so much more than someone who would take a job back
home.
I would recommend everyone to work as an au pair in
America, and not just to have a great time while you’re there, but also to have
a great time working for the rest of your life. Go out and get that
experience!
-Mimmi
