I think at the moment I can relate to what many of the au pairs are going through. In about a month, I will be moving. I will be moving to another country, starting a new job, making new friends and making a new city into my new home in a month. I am going to be honest, I am going through quite a big pile of mixed feelings - every other day I am beyond excited, every other day I just want to cancel my plans and wonder if I am just crazy for leaving everything familiar behind and starting everything from scratch.
I have done this many times before, and it feels as weird, hard, heart-breaking, exciting, amazing and all of that at the same time. Every time it has always been as hard, but it has also always turned to be one of the best decisions I have ever made - yes, I might have ended up "giving up" something, but I gained so much in return.
Making the decision to become an au pair is probably one of the biggest ones you have ever made in your life so far. I know it is a hard one. I know you will lose few night's sleep over it, both because you are so excited but also because you are just so worried about what will happen.
I have one advice for you: DO IT. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. I know it is scary, I know you might wonder where it will lead you, but you know what? You cannot plan every single detail in your life.
That is something that I am also trying to learn. Today I am excited, tomorrow I might wonder why I decided to do this, but in the end I know that this opportunity will give me something new.
Let's take over the world!
-Mari
