Going as an au pair was absolutely one of the best things I ever did - I actually loved it so much I did it twice. The first time around I was just a fresh out of high school, doing something bigger for the first time - and of course all by myself! I was beyond excited and a bit scared at the same time. My parents were a big help and support for me during the application process and I think they actually did a much more than I even realized at that point - I really did learn that once I arrived to the USA!
Being an au pair made me realize how thankful I am for my family and everything that my family has done for me. My mom really had made my life very easy (mainly in a good way) and it was a point of growing up for me. I have to admit, I did not always give the credit my parents would have deserved to my parents - I was too busy exploring the world and being independent!
It has taken me few years to realize that family truly is the best kind of friends and support system you can have around you! Your family is always there for you, they always love and support you. They are also the ones who have been with you all of your life! Remember to appreciate your family and give them the love and support they need - after all, there is nothing like family!
Sometimes you have to be far to notice it. I see my family only few times every year but nothing is better than a quick skype call with some of my family members! I know that they will always be there for you.
