Halloween
hits us from nowhere every year and it seems like the fall is passing by so fast.
In the US
it was easy to celebrate Halloween, because everyone did it. All friends and
family dressed up, decorated their houses and prepared food and last but not
least bought candy for the trick or treating in the neighborhoods.
I took my
host children to buy pumpkins that we later carved and put on the porch. Except
from decorating the inside walls with spider nets we put witches and axes and other scary things outside, both on the porch and in the gardens. Of course it was me, not the host children that was most scared one.
Back home
in Sweden it feels that we are slowly getting closer and closer to the fact
that we like Halloween. This year I will be going to one Halloween party, of
course with dress code- costume (this is in less than a week and I still do not
have a costume). I will also have my little brother visiting from southern
Sweden, and I will do my very best to make Halloween special to him, with both
candy and costumes. I will also try do make my own pumpkin pie for the first
time. This will be the ingredients Ill use. If you have better suggestions,
feel free to share!
Crust
100g Butter
3 dl Flour
2 msk Sugar
1 tsk Vanilla sugar
½ tsk Baking powder
½ dl Water
100g Butter
3 dl Flour
2 msk Sugar
1 tsk Vanilla sugar
½ tsk Baking powder
½ dl Water
Filling
5 dl Pumpkin puré
2 dl Milk
1 dl Sugar
4 msk Potato flour
1 tsk Vanilla sugar
1 tsk Cinnamon
½ tsk Ginger
½ tsk Gillyflower
¼ tsk Nutmeg
¼ tsk Allspice
5 dl Pumpkin puré
2 dl Milk
1 dl Sugar
4 msk Potato flour
1 tsk Vanilla sugar
1 tsk Cinnamon
½ tsk Ginger
½ tsk Gillyflower
¼ tsk Nutmeg
¼ tsk Allspice
Happy baking and happy Halloween!
/Jenny
